LINQ to SQL - TOP 5 of problems - Anko Duizer

Anko Duizer, in years the oldest Class-A-er. Anko will blog about his favorite product Microsoft SQL Server. Furthermore, you may find post about architecture, WF, MSF and software development general.

LINQ to SQL - TOP 5 of problems

The last few weeks I had the opportunity to present several times about LINQ to SQL. I am very enthusiastic about the possibilities of LINQ to SQL. But I experience some problems with the LINQ to SQL technology as well. Although I realize that we will experience the real problems the upcoming months I like to publish the problems I experience today:

#1 LINQ to SQL is designed for a two tier scenario. LINQ to SQL does not fits natural with a multi layer architecture.

#2 It is not possible to tune the SQL Server queries generated by LINQ to SQL.

#3 LINQ to SQL generates dynamic SQL. The technology strongly motivates to use dynamic SQL instead of stored procedures.

#4 LINQ to SQL encourages to a "SELECT *" query

#5 The cache mismatch problem. LINQ to SQL materialize your objects "once" in the cache, this can give unexpected query results.

The upcoming weeks I try to explain why these items are problems, one by one.

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

UpdatePanel Tips and Tricks

Các website về Kinh tế và Quản lý